Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Choice

I came across this piece of land
in a lonesome windy town,
In the vast wilderness of this world
somehow this feels like mine...
I could own this lost kingdom
and nurture it with my soul,
but I don't want anyone to find me
in this hollowed ruined town...
I ask you, my giver, can I mark a place
but really not leave a sign?

We flew like birds
from one crazy place to another,
You found me in this quest
only I lost my way in the middle...
If hello had been so tough
adieu was never going to be a breeze,
But I escaped and you conquered,
letting the moments of joy to freeze..
tell me, my lover, if you were given a choice
whom would you choose to find?

There used to be a life I led
I had a name,a number and sense of time,
It never occurred to me to step outside
this carefully preserved bubble of mine...
but I knew I was trapped
the day I cried foul in a game of one,
Call it sense or madness or even a crime,
but I'd packed by then to search for a town..
Tell me, my soul,if you could choose again
would you lead me to the same fate?

3 comments:

contrarian said...

Its official. Its one of your finest pieces.

Anonymous said...

My jaw hurts !! I have never yawned for that long before ....

L said...

Contrarian - I don't agree but thanks!

Stewie - You have not not worked for so long before either...co-incidence??