Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Trapped

Is it me or is it the bane of our generation?

Everyday you are running from one place to the other...a million voices in your head...building expectations, living upto them...chasing dreams and people and the idea of a perfect life...in this whole mad rush, no matter how hard we try, do we really get the time to just be...?

Sometimes, late at night, when I go to my terrace for a breath of fresh air...there is this moment of absolute stillness...the streets are empty, the world is sleeping, innumerable tasks are on hold...and the feeling is just so alien...the silence is so unfamiliar...its almost like I am in the company of a stranger...and I find myself yearning for noise again...

Have we become trapped in our own dreams?

2 comments:

Zee said...

or another way to look at it we are social animals.......

contrarian said...

I guess its all individual mes, together who become this generation?
Expectations. Indeed one of the most used, abused, silly word .. all at the same time as well perhaps.