Monday, August 20, 2007

Update 1

It's been a few months since I posted this...I think, just as a check on myself, it's time for an update!

1. Prepare my resume and eventually switch my job - Well, this is a funny story...I did manage to make my resume...and to my surprise, even got offered a new job! But after 'careful consideration' and many discussions with my very encouraging friends, decided to let it pass...so am continuing with my current job for the time being...and I am happy with that...

2. Learn basic French - This, in contrast, in a very tragic story...tried everywhere...something or the other keeps going wrong...things are just not falling into place...but no, I have not given up...starting today I am learning it on my own! I know it needs a lot of discipline and stuff...but cmon, at least I am trying!! Wish me luck.. :)

3. Join and regularly go to a gym - Joined 2 months back. Left 1 month back. Actually attended for 5 days. Not bad, eh? :D

4. Read at least 20 books - Yup, on target...

5. Get a stamp on my passport - :D :D Fingers are crossed...planning is on...this is the second time in my life that I am praying this hard for everything to end up just fine...the first time was that fateful term on campus...some of you know why...!

6. Enroll for one of these classes - dance/theater/photography - Nothing on this front...

7. Anything else - you know, surprise myself - Yeah, did try a couple of things...but things not going on track...but no issues, am still trying...something should work out sometime...

I suppose, it's not so bad...but still...have to ensure that this long list of WIP soon converts to finished tasks...

6 comments:

contrarian said...

Hasn't the list become longer? Gym .. ahem .. Building ko follow kar rahi ho kya? Rahi baat first term ke .. To bas AB aur Golu ko yaad karo baaki sab theek ho jaayega.

L said...

Contrarian - The list is the same...yeh building kaun hai (?!!)... :D AND...it was term 2...how can you forget!!

Zee said...

my god the first 4 things were just so me! i didn't do any of those but have been trying to for a while...the french book is gathering dust and the gyms are hiking their prices...

cm chap said...

All the best for your stamping...

Enroll for one of these classes - Dance - For a long time that remains a dream for me too.

L said...

Zee - Hehe...I can totally empathize...!!

Cm-chap - Well, thanks! And dance I shall...soon...

Anonymous said...

Why set targets for yourself ? How does that make life any more fun ? Is the expectation of others not burden enuf for u ?