Monday, February 19, 2007

Learning to Fly

There is so much to do in life and so little time...at least that's how I always justify it...its funny how at some point life just becomes a series of 'I can do that but...' and 'I'll do this when...'. I mean, is there really a right time to start doing things you really want to do? Someone had once said that - "Someday is not a day of the week". Then why is it that we keep waiting for that someday to come? Is it lack of courage on our part? Lack of motivation? Will power? Or just a refusal to take the blame?

I always told myself, that i'll join a dance class when I start earning...when I started doing that it became - when i've a good mode of transport...and when all else fails its resort to the best one - when i've the time...! Well, I guess in many ways this is the time...


So, on this ordinary uneventful day, I resolve to do the following things (many of which i've wanted to do for ages) in 2007. Even if I can start most of them, I guess in many ways I would be out of this self-defeating cycle that i've gotten into.

1. Prepare my resume and eventually switch my job
2. Learn basic french
3. Join and regularly go to a gym
4. Read at least 20 books
5. Get a stamp on my passport!
6. Enroll for one of these classes - dance/theater/photography
7. Anything else - you know, surprise myself!

I know its a lot to start with...but you gotta do what you gotta do...and oh yeah, I would have added continuing this blog to that list...but that seems to be going fine as of now...!