Thursday, November 30, 2006

Vulnerability

Sometimes when you look away
I wonder what it would be like
To let the guard down for once
And put an end to this farcical strike

What would you do when you raise your eyes?
Will you laugh or will you cry?
Or will you let me know
That the wait was worth this try

Will you listen and feel without restraint
Tales of a distant past and childhood dreams
Or will you use the words to win the game
And add another victim to your endless schemes

With your worldly sense and earnest smile
I know you would ask me to take a chance
But for someone who is a cynic at heart
It might be foolish of me to trust even once

Vagabond, free, homeless soul
You are the blowing wind, flying away
Lonely, stable, nurturing shadow
I am a grounded tree, enticing travelers on the way

So here I am, standing on crossroads
Evaluating options that no longer exist
You seem to have gone back to your dwelling
The forever impenetrable sheath of mist

No comments: