Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Ghosts

I guess once you are in a corporate world it doesn’t take long to realize what a dog eat dog world it is...in a way an MBA prepares you for it but the magnanimity and the real dirt of it only hits you once you are there...and it hits hard...in many ways I am impervious to what other people do and how they do it but trying to make me a part of it, for whatever reasons, is something I can't take...its too early to even know whether its making me or breaking me...

Out here there are 3 kinds of people...first, the ones who will portray they work very hard but they don't do anything...second, the ones who'll work very hard and show that they are very chill and nonchalant about work...and the last who just work, period...obviously, the second group is the most dangerous...they are driven, power hungry, insecure and most likely to trample you to go ahead...and it seems to me that I am surrounded by such people...another important trait that they have is a gift of doing sweet talk...which for me is a perfect symbol of superficiality...fake and hollow...and I have not even started to talk about their art of networking! Where do people like me fit in, in this scenario? I guess I am the fourth kind - people just looking to run away...

One of my bursts against this alternative 'system' induced the following expression...

"where are
the moods that made a day
the dreams that walked a mile
the rain that drenched the soul
the coffee that brought a smile

why are
the boundaries so far away
the rules so tough to break
the answers so cryptic
the innocent lies at stake

what are
the reasons for this mad race
the fears that we try to hide
the places that we need to find
the hopes that we leave by the side

who are the ghosts that crowd the place?"

No comments: