Thursday, December 28, 2006

Then and Now

Well, this might be my last post this year...am leaving for Pondicherry tomorrow...I really don't know what its going to be like there...I don't even know 2 of the people coming with us...which is a lot, considering we are a total of 5, including me! Am really not expecting much...but yeah have heard a lot about how beautiful the place is...so, lets see...

As for the year gone by...I think a lot has changed...and a lot has not...

Dynamic

From being a student, I am now a working professional in this big bad corporate world (yes, just in case you missed it in the previous posts, I HATE corporate life! :D )...

From being with someone, to being single...

I have moved from living in a hostel, to living with a bitch, to living on my own, to living with my parents!

Some close friends left for a different city...some came back...

I used to think that deep down everyone is very nice, but I am not very sure now...intelligence and self-awareness does not always ensure a nice and clean hearted human being...

My TV viewing capacity has gone down drastically in a matter of just a few months...it is very very unfortunate actually because after years of praying, I finally have my own personal TV in my room...that too with a cable connection!!

I had started a movie review blog early this year, which I didn't continue...I hope I am able to do justice to this year-end attempt...

I used to be a sucker for memories...innumerable collection of snaps, chat logs, paper chits, smses etc...after losing both my hard disk and my phone in a span of 4 months, it hurts to make the effort again...haven't used the camera for the past 6-7 months...

and, my parents are finally treating me like a grown-up!

Static

Unlimited Internet access (I guess the non-digital world of my childhood is long gone, sadly)...

Continuous hair fall...

My yearning to own a black Labrador...

The plastic, all-style-no-substance movies churned out by Yashraj films...

A desire to travel and experience the world...

I still don't see the point of marriage...maybe its a good institution or whatever, but I wouldn't know...to me, it still seems like a dead end...

My inability to miss people...I just sometimes miss places and the environment...like sunny winter mornings on campus, like rainstorm at my grandparent's house...stuff like that...I don't know if that can be equated to missing people...

I continue to be one of those rare cases, who won't forgive but very easily forget!

So, that's that! As each year is passing, it seems like time is accelerating...once again, its time to take stock of things...and as always, I hope that 2007 brings a new chapter in life...some new experiences, some learnings, some improvement...here's wishing happy new year to everyone!

No comments: