Monday, January 8, 2007

Exhilaration!

This was probably one of the most productive, exhaustive and fun weekend for me in a long time! I went to a friend's place for her birthday party, danced for hours at the city's best night club, watched a great movie (The Prestige), did bungee jumping (yes!!)...but the best part was having the car entirely to myself these 2 days!! Life doesn't get better than this!

First about the bungee jumping...oh yeah, it actually is as good as they say it is!! And super scary! Even now, after having done it once, I am sure I'd still be just as scared and jittery on that jumping board up there! Of course, being all daring and adventurous, I chose to go face down :D! Just seeing the ground close in on you and that feeling of sheer helplessness at that moment is so heady that for a moment you know you are alive...its funny how the possibilty or simulation of near-death makes you feel more alive than life itself...I was told later that the actual free fall would not have been more than one second...I found it very strange because when I was jumping, it seemed much much longer than that!

The nightclub, of course was Elevate...it was good...DJ Suketu was the guest DJ...I'd rate him 6 on 10...he could have done better...the crowd was the usual a-little-too-(un)dressed for the occassion kinda crowd...with many PYTs and many wannabe dudes...well, yeah for once I actually did see some nice looking guys...nice and intelligent looking guys! But then they were more than just accompanied by the aforementioned PYTs, if you know what I mean! I guess, the bumping-into-the-man-of-your-dreams-in-a-hip-disco thing happens only in movies and/or Sex and the City! :(

And as far as The Prestige is concerned - I don't wanna say much, since many people have done a better job of praising the movie...I'll just say that I am ashamed to call myself a movie buff now, considering I hadn't even heard of Christain Bale till like two weeks back..last week I downloaded and watched American Psycho...great movie, great role and wow, what a bloody (pun intended!) good performance! But that was not a role that you can really love, you know...but after The Prestige and many reel/real life clippings of him on youtube, I must admit that I am completely charmed!! Am I watching closely? Yes, Mr. Bale, I am totally watching you closely! ;)

Finally - this is officially my 25th post and I am glad its a happy one! But i'll celebrate when I do the 100th...

No comments: