Friday, January 12, 2007

Incoherence

I know its a little too soon, but I seem to be suffering from the proverbial "writer's block"...I have many half baked thoughts on paper and in my head, but nothing is making any sense! Coherence is an alien concept right now....Its further compounded by the fact that work suddenly seems to have found its way to me...yeah, I am actually busy...I hope the trend doesn't continue for too long...I mean, I do have pages to write before I sleep! Sorry, that was a bad one!

My favourite lines from the movie American Psycho [also because the way CB looks and delivers his lines in this scene ;) ] :

There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable...I simply am not there.

And in case you are wondering, according to me, anyone who writes is a "writer"! :D

No comments: