Sunday, January 14, 2007

Ha Ha!

I board the metro - a perfect symbol of urban monotony.

Find myself a seat - a rarity at 7.30 in the evening.

Get a call - predictably expected.

What are you doing? - I don't get the question.

I am in the metro - what else?

No, what are you doing? - I get the question this time.

I am in the metro - simple.

An old man gets on the train - right in front of me.

No one offers his/her seat - very predictably.

I get up but he refuses to take my seat - he is more mannered than me.

I cut the phone - send a message explaining my inability to argue in a metro.

Old man is very appreciative of me - finally someone has given him a seat.

No response - how did i get so lucky?

I ask myself - at what point do we start being apologetic about our thoughts?

Old man tells me - If you have sincere thinking and thoughts, you'll never be let down.

Oh, irony was mocking me.

No comments: